Followers

Monday, 15 February 2016

February Challenge

Hi everyone welcome to this months challenge at 
Crafty Girlz 
Thank you so much for all your fantastic entries last month they were all great.

Starting this month we are doing something different with our challenges each month they will be a different tutorial of how the design team have created their makes.
I hope you will have a look at their tutorials and leave them a comment.
I also hope the tutorials will inspire you.

Here is Sue's brilliant tutorial she has done with her make.


I would like to share a some techniques with you. I use Craft Artist 2 and with one click an image can be transformed.

 I printed the main image onto neenah and coloured her with promarkers and pencils and scanned her into what I call my 'In Progress' folder.

 I opened CA2 and chose Blank Project. Then I chose my page size.. A5 portrait. Click on Add items from Digi Kits.

 All the kits you have from Craft Artist will then be in front of you. I clicked on Snow Queen then on Add Digikit. This places a 'tick' on each of the images within that kit. Click on done and the images from that kit will all be placed within the sections on the left of your workspace. I then imported the coloured image into CA2 and Cut the white surround.

 I chose a Material which complimented the image, resized it and placed it behind the altered image and exported both the image and the material back into the In Progress folder.
 I  then removed the image/material from my workspace.

 I opened the Photo's section, clicked on add photo and chose the altered image. Because I have the image in the photos section it will meld with a frame.
 I chose a frame and C & D it onto my workspace. Then I clicked on my 'photo and placed it on the frame. Under the frame you will see two options, this is where you can adjust the size of the photo to fit within the frame. I C & D the completed framed image into the Embellishment section.
 I then chose my Background again using C & D to bring it on the workspace. With the Background option the background will fill the page.
 I then started building up snowflakes etc on the background. 
 I clicked on the framed image then clicked on the 'Styles' section on the right. Within the Styles section I clicked on Bevels then Emboss choosing the third emboss option. This makes it look like the main image is a rather expensive embellishment.. I did the same with the snowflakes.

To add the sentiment I clicked on the Letters section. I wrote the first word in the space provided and clicked on Import. This placed the word on the workspace. Look at the word and you will see the tiny word Group.. click on it and the word will have the letters stay in place. Move it to one side. Clear the space and write the second word. Click on Import/Group and resize both words as necessary. 

 I then added a watermark using the Text option and saved the project.

 If there is anything I can make more clear for you please just let me know.


I hope you have enjoyed reading how she created her make, and thank you Sue for sharing with us.




Its now time to announce our design team favourites and winner.

DESIGN TEAM FAVOURITES

No 1 - Anet
No 3 - Granne
No 14 - Mags
No 20 - Kuni
No 24 - Crafters Key
No 34 - Raineys Craft Room
No 39 - Hildes Kreative

Congratulations Ladies and please take your Design Team Favourite Badge


Congratulations please take your winners badge and
e-mail
fiona.walker3@aol.co.uk
With winner crafty girlz in the subject line

Thank you to our fabulous sponsor
Just Inklined 

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE DETAILS
Our challenge this month is anything goes


This month our fantastic sponsor is
Aurora Wings










9 comments:

  1. Thank you for choosing my card as one of your Favourites DT, it was such a nice surprise. Congratulations to all the other winners. Thank you for a wonderful challenge. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honoured to be chosen by the DT! Thank you Ladies! Congratulations to all the other winners!

    xx Lena (aka Crafter's Key)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea about the tutorials! There is always so much to learn, creativity is endless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank yor for choosing my card as Top3 and congrat to the other winners.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the top spot and brilliant DT inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for my project being in the favourites. Well done to the winners and the top mentions.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! Amazing DT creations!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete